Keeping water out of places it doesn’t belong is CRUCIAL in your home remodeling process. Water can cause extensive damage, especially in the cases of a slow leaking shower pan which can become a breeding ground for unhealthy molds and toxins that can go undetectable for months or even years.
Left unchecked, slow, almost non-existent drips can cause wood to rot, drywall to crumble and molds to form. Repairs can run into thousands of dollars in repairs.
An average shower uses 25 gallons of water. That’s thousands of gallons a year! Water penetrates the shower (especially where the floor meets the wall) and reaches your shower pan liner to drain to the weep holes at the drain. If you are lucky enough to have a hot mopped shower pan liner then you don’t have to worry.
Water in- water out: a tried true system.
This hot mopped liner is your best defense against water intrusion that can damage your bathroom. Even the smallest leak over time can cause major problems.
REASONS TO HOTMOP:
• HOT MOPPING IS VERY AFFORDABLE
• HOT MOPPING ONLY TAKES A FEW HOURS.
• HOT MOPPING USES A NATURAL MATERIAL.
• HOT MOPPING HAS A TIMELESS WEAR.
• HOT MOPPING TRULY SEALS ALL SHAPES AND DESIGNS OF SHOWERS.
• HOT MOPPING IS A PROVEN SEALING METHOD.
• HOT MOPPING CONFORMS TO CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION.
• HOT MOPPING IS INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR CA BUILDERS.
Here is an example of a hot mopped shower pan before it is tiled:
Let Surfaces USA inform you about the ultimate protection for your home as well as for construction jobs. Join me next week where I will teach you how to prepare your shower pan before the hot mop. Please leave your questions and comments below!